The Technical Analyst will provide technical support to the RES Australia development team in the identification, assessment, design and development of high value renewable energy development projects. This role will have a focus on the development of large scale wind farms.
The Technical Analyst will provide expert technical expertise to Project Managers, including the carrying out of project constraint assessments, project design, scoping of consultancy support requirements, collating and managing site specific data and creating and maintaining databases.
The Technical Analyst will need to work across a number of projects and so must be able to work efficiently and prioritise work whilst ensuring that all company procedures, documentation and policies are followed across development phases.
Reports To: Head of Development
Location: Chatswood, Sydney, Australia
Organisational Context (to include impact and influence)
The Technical Analyst will work across a number of development projects at a variety of stages with a primary focus within the wind development team, but interacting with the members of the property, solar and storage teams on a frequent basis to assist in progressing project objectives.
The role will also have a high level of interaction with the wider RES Technical Services Team based in the UK, which will include reporting to the Head of the Technical Services Team on all aspects of project work to ensure compliance with internal RES systems and procedures.
Support the wind development team throughout the project development lifecycle by:
- Building and maintaining GIS site selection models;
- Updating and maintaining project specific geodatabases;
- Producing detailed wind farm design in compliance with all project constraints ;
- Producing high quality and accurate drawings using AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Esri ArcGIS for desktop;
- Scoping requirements for external or internal technical expert support with Project Managers, and where required to, managing the contracts;
- Manage site resource assessments including identifying equipment required, creating monitoring plans, specification and installation of equipment from Third Parties in compliance with RES internal HSQE and contracting procedures;
- Produce site shadow flicker and EMI assessments;
- Support Project Managers on site noise, landscape and aviation assessments using Third Party experts when required;
- Produce energy yield and losses calculations;
- Maintaining knowledge on the latest turbine models and market developments; and
- Manage project cadastral data working with the project properly manager.
Support the RES business generally through:
- Creating and maintaining business support databases;
- Manage software licencing and availability (AutoCAD, Global Mapper, Arc GIS).
Other Duties as directed.
- Drafting principles and knowledge of geospatial principals, technologies and practice;
- Understanding of wind farm noise, landscape, EMI and aviation issues and assessments;
- Understanding of wind farm resource monitoring requirements and assessments;
- Excellent drafting presentation skills;
- Excellent time management and ability to work to deadlines;
- Organisational skills;
- IT and Mathematical skills
- Solution focused with high attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a small team; and
- Desire to learn.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position is preferable;
- Experience with AutoCAD, Esri Arc GIS and Civil 3D, Microsoft Office and open source software;
- Experience with database creation and management; and
- Experience with contracting and managing internal and external resources.
- Recognised qualifications incorporating technical and planning drafting; and
- Tertiary degree qualification.