The position is for a Senior Commercial Analyst working as a part of RES Australia’s commercial team based in Sydney, Australia.
The Senior Commercial Analyst will pro-actively manage assigned tasks, drive strategic analysis, draw key insights and effectively communicate any findings to enable sound financial decision making. A master juggler working of multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges.
The primary focus of the role will be to help ensure the business cases for investment opportunities are consistent, accurate and based on an informed risk profile.
The position will also take a lead within the organisation to ensure RES’ knowledge base of emerging offtake opportunities (Power Purchase Agreements) and other route to market strategies are informed and structured.
In terms of scope, the work will focus on our established business streams of onshore wind, utility- scale PV, large scale battery storage and Asset Management.
Provide strategic and commercial analysis to support the valuation of RES projects.
Develop and improve financial / commercial models to be utilised for the valuation of RES projects and the evaluation of capital allocation decisions.
Provide strategic and commercial support to the business cases being put in front of the Risk and Investment Committee and Major Transaction Committee.
By providing commercial and strategic analysis, lead in the response on any requests for proposals / bids / tenders.
Ensure RES’ knowledge base of emerging offtake opportunities (Power Purchase Agreements) and other route to market strategies are informed and structured. Project manage the prioritisation of offtake opportunities.
Manage key market relationships.
Shape the strategic planning process for RES Australia by developing compelling arguments, translating these into a high quality dialogue with the business and presentations for a Senior Executive audience.
Ensure business cases for existing business streams and route to market priorities are consistent, accurate and decisions on investment are made on the best information via a co- ordinated set of metrics, assumptions and outputs.
Support the business teams on the interpretation of policy changes with a view to understand the possible valuation impacts on potential deals / portfolio assessments.
Maintain and challenge the assumptions used in capital allocation decisions.
· Valuation metrics and methodologies
· Clean energy policy drivers
· Clean energy supply chain /procurement dynamics
· Electricity markets functionality
· Power generation dynamics
· Shareholder agreements
· Key project finance documents
· Advanced Excel skills for financial modelling & forecasting is essential
· Board level verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to influence effectively
· Ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
· Project management
· Team player
· Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and think creatively
· Have initiative to support colleagues through anticipating requirements and making provisions for them
· Experience of using analytical techniques
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects to tight timescales and to balance this with an understanding of the bigger picture.
· The process of reaching Financial Close on clean energy projects.
· Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or Mathematics, ideally at Masters level
· Part qualified in an Accounting Professional Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CFA) is desirable