This dynamic role will work within the RES Australia Development team, with responsibility for project managing the development of wind projects. The role may also include the management of associated solar and battery storage projects. Day to day activity will involve project site identification, screening and selection, design, environmental assessment, stakeholder management, through to permitting and the financial close of projects.
- Planning and co-ordinating internal resources and external consultancy to deliver renewable energy projects.
- Preparing planning applications and environmental impact assessments.
- Project delivery through leading internal specialists in property management, engineering design, technical analysis, grid connection, commercial and financial modelling.
- Managing external stakeholders, relationships and communications through the design and implementation of effective and innovative community engagement strategies.
- Formulating and manging project development plans and development budgets.
- Ensure that team are working in accordance with RES Health, Safety, Quality and Environment procedures and relevant H&S legislation.
- In-depth knowledge of the renewables industry.
- Planning and environmental impact assessment requirements.
- Managing and delivering projects, programmes and budgets.
- Resource management, organisational skills and follow through on delivery.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility to deliver results and manage workload.
- Excellent communication and commercial negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience in wind energy development essential, with a strong network in industry preferred. A minimum of 3 years and ideally 5 years of development experience in Australia required.
- Experience of solar and/or battery storage projects desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working within a global organization.
- Stakeholder management.
- Leading and motivating a multidisciplinary team.
- High class degree or equivalent in an environmental, engineering, planning, science or business based subject.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills essential.
- Business level of English capability.
- Based in Sydney with the ability to travel as required throughout Australia.
- Current driving licence.
- Ability to freely work within Australia essential.
Please send you CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org