The Contract & Procurement Manager will be responsible for the procurement of all construction or asset management related contracts for RES Australia and shall support preparation of offers to external clients.
The Contract & Procurement Manager will manage relationships with the local supply chain and provide contractual advice to the RES Australia team to deliver improvements in performance, cost, quality and safety of RES Australia’s wind, solar and energy storage projects.
The Contract & Procurement Manager will ensure that commercial terms and contract conditions of construction or asset management contracts between RES Australia, its clients and/or supply chain meet market expectations and provide necessary protection to manage RES Australia’s risk.
- The Contract & Procurement Manager is a highly visible role promoting RES’s core values as a trusted partner for delivery of low cost low carbon projects in Australia.
- Manage procurement of construction contracts for a mix of wind, solar and energy storage projects for an annual portfolio of approx. 250 MW.
- Drive down cost of energy to ensure the sustainability of RES Australia’s business.
- The role requires flexibility to support other markets when required from time to time.
- Manage the procurement of construction or asset management related contracts, including administration of tender procedures, tender evaluation based on a quantitative assessment of offers received and presenting recommendations to senior management. Ensure procurement process reflect Group processes and support improvements in procurement processes.
- Provide commercial/contractual support during preparation of RES Australia offers to external clients to ensure that risks are identified and appropriately managed.
- Support complex contract negotiations with RES Australia’s clients and/or project equity & debt providers and provide contract commercial management support to the RES Australia business.
- Support RES Australia’s Project Managers in any Supplier / Contractor claims management and dispute resolution.
- Supervise the definition of the procurement strategy for each project ensuring promotion of LCOE reduction, sustainability, local content and best in class health & safety. Ensure an inclusive approach to such procurement strategy seeking input from all departments to deliver a risk-optimised strategy for the project.
- Work with RES group's Strategic Procurement Director to develop sustainability strategies for the RES Australia's supply chain and implementation of the same to manage key supplier relationships to deliver optimal performance in cost, service & quality. Seek guidance and provide local context on group strategic procurement and support implementation of key strategic relationships within Australia (wind turbines, batteries etc).
- Manage a database to capture Australian market intelligence and share this, together with feedback on supplier performance, with RES group Strategic Procurement Director.
- Be an advocate for RES’s core values promoting RES Australia as a trusted partner for the delivery of low carbon energy at least cost.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Standard forms of construction contract
- In depth knowledge of the Australian construction market and supply chain
- Alternative contract structures and procurement methods
- Good understanding of relevant Australian HSQE regulations
- Capacity to negotiate complex technical and commercial contracts
- Ability to identify commercial risks and opportunities and to advise on appropriate means of managing
- Excellent communication skills, confident operating at senior level and presenting complex analytical data
- Strong interpersonal skill set including ability to build relationships and influence colleagues, supply chain and external stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven track record of negotiating high value multi-disciplinary EPC contracts
- Commercial management including the administration of construction contracts
- Exposure to a variety of business sectors
- Experience of the renewable energy industry and/or international experience desirable
- Degree level qualification plus
- Relevant professional qualification or further education eg CPEng, MAIQS or MBA